Fitness Collage

Fitness Collage

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Seven Fat Fighting Foods

Wouldn’t it be great to eat foods that actually help to fight fat? Well health.com is helping us do just that! This article lists seven different foods that not only help us blast fat, but they also make us feel full longer so we will eat few calories over all. Sounds like a pretty good deal!
1.      Eggs: 78 Calories Each
Eggs are loaded with protein, which helps to satisfy our appetite. If you eat eggs for breakfast, it will help you eat, on average, 330 less calories throughout the day! I for one could definitely benefit from this, and eggs a relatively cheap food choice. They are easy to prepare, and pretty much anyone can do it. I think I will be adding eggs to my grocery list this week!
2.      Dark Chocolate: 170 Calories for 1 Ounce
According to research, of you indulge in a little chocolate at the end of a meal; you are more likely to eat less at your next meal. This is because compounds in chocolate digest more slowly, which make us feel full longer. Sounds like a great reason to eat some chocolate to me! Of course I will have to be careful to not over indulge, but self restraint is one of the key attributes I am working on. Perfect time for practice!
3.      Pine Nuts: 95 Calories for about 84 Nuts
Not only do these nuts produce heart-healthy fatty acids that boost satisfaction levels, they also keep belly fat at bay! Two for one! I have never just sat and ate pine nuts, but I enjoy them in food. I guess I will have to try them out because the benefits sound pretty good!
4.      Cheese: 76 Calories for 1 Ounce
Goat cheese or feta are the best choices because they contain conjugated linoleic acid, which help us to feel full and burn fat. I have no idea what that is, but if it helps me burn fat, it is always worth a try! I have always loved cheese, but many kinds of cheese are high in fat, making them unhealthy. I have recently taken a liking to feta cheese, so I am glad to know it is also a fat burner!
5.      Skim Milk: 86 Calories for 1 Cup
The proteins in milk can help you feel satisfied, and it also contains a compound that helps to fight fat. Make sure to stick with skim milk because the other types tend to have more fat content.
6.      Oranges: 59 Calories Each
Oranges are loaded with fiber, making them a great choice! Fiber fights fat, and people who eat more fiber tend to have less flab. I love oranges, and I had no idea they were so good for a diet! They are an easy snack or part of breakfast.
7.      Potatoes: 161 Calories Each
I was quite surprised to see this on the list, because I have always heard that potatoes are not good for a dieter. According to this article, they are three times more filling then a slice of bread and the starch in potatoes help our bodies’ burn fat. Sounds like a pretty good food to me!

I learned so many great tips from this article! I had no idea some of these foods would help to burn fat, and now I feel like I can make some better choices when I am making a meal. Once again, Health Magazine has come to my rescue! Be sure to check it out!
This Months Issue of Health Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment