Fitness Collage

Fitness Collage

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trick or Treat



            With Halloween just around the corner, I can’t help but be tempted by the candy placed on every counter. As luck would have it, this month’s issue of Fitness magazine had the perfect article to help! According to Karen Ansel, “The trick is to not munch mindlessly. Enjoy a piece or two, but keep it to 200 calories” The article then goes on to list some possible candy combinations that will keep the amount at or under two hundred calories.
            First off was Three Musketeers. Three of these fun size bites count for just 190 calories! I, for one, LOVE Three Musketeers. They have always been so light and tasty, and they were my favorite candy growing up. Next up was York Peppermint Patties. One miniature patty is only 50 calories! I have always enjoyed the dreamlike mixture of chocolate and mint, so peppermint patties are a must. Jolly Rancher Lollipops were next, packing a mere 60 calories, and boasting zero fat content. Hershey’s Kisses scored next, with only 22 calories per piece. The real challenge with kisses is only allowing yourself one, so make sure to practice self restraint with these delightful bites. Last but not least, boasting a mere 14 calories a piece, comes Starburst. These candies are a fruit burst in every bite, making them delicious, plus the variety of flavors is always a plus.
            With these tasty treats, I am sure I will be able to handle myself this Halloween. And even though I would love to sit and munch on some Reece’s and Snickers, I must resist, for the name of fitness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment