Fitness Collage

Fitness Collage

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog-Math

            As part of my quest, I decided to stop eating out over lunch or dinner break, and to only bring my meal from home. On a typical meal out, I would spend five to fifteen dollars, depending on weather I ate fast food or went to restaurant with my colleagues. For the purpose of my calculations, I am going to go right in the middle and say I spend ten dollars a meal. Working five days a week, times ten dollars a day, not eating out saved me $50 a week! Over the course of the 4 weeks of the quest, I saved close to $200! It is pretty ridiculous that I would have blown that much money just by eating out rather than taking lunch from home. Of course I would need to deduct some of that saving because I did have to pay for the food that I brought to work, which probably cost around fifteen dollars a week, for a total of sixty dollars during 4 weeks.

My total savings by bringing lunch from home: $140 in four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment