As far as my eating habits go, I have been trying to make a lifestyle change, rather than just dieting. I have been taking my lunch to work every day, which usually consists of a sandwich (on whole grain bread) with a banana or apple, some baby carrots, and a bottle of water. This is a big change for me, since I used to eat out almost every time I worked. This has had a major impact on my quest because eating out can give you an entire days worth of calories in one meal! By taking my own lunch, I am able to control my calorie intake, and also control the types of food that I am putting into my body. I have also been doing better, cooking dinner more often, and trying to make it healthier while still tasting good. I love looking through magazines and cookbooks, trying to find new healthy recipes to try! Cooking Light is one of my all time favorite magazines, and is always full of so many great recipes! Eating healthy is a major part of my quest, and I believe I am making some major progress toward success.
Another major part of my quest is exercise. I am still struggling somewhat to get into the habit of exercises regularly, but I am definitely getting better. Walking is my major source of exercise right now, simply because I love being able to get outside, and get away from my house. If I am exercising in my home, I typically sit there and think of all the things I could be getting done rather than exercising, which just makes my count down the minutes until I can be done. I think I still have quite a ways to go to completely make exercising a part of my daily regime, but I am on the right track. With a little more hard work and dedication, I know I can make this happen.
Overall I think my quest is going pretty well. I am starting to notice results on the scale, and I am starting to notice myself make healthier choices in my everyday life. I look forward to continuing on, and with more hard work and dedication, I am convinced I will complete my quest.
No comments:
Post a Comment